History of the Ninth District
The Ninth District Dental Society was formed in 1909 and renamed to the Ninth District Dental Association in 2002. We have a membership of over 1600 dentists in 5 counties: Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess, Orange and Putnam. It has a fully equipped headquarters office building in Hawthorne.
Because the dental association has a tripartite structure, a member of the Ninth belongs to organized dentistry on three different levels:
In its quest to serve both the public and the professional, the Ninth District embodies the highest ideals. It is dedicated to the promotion of:
- Professionalism and Quality
- Welfare of and service to the Public and the Profession
- Education and Scientific Advancement
- Fraternity among members
The Ninth District has a constitutional government, with 4 elected Officers and 13 Board of Governors representatives. Volunteers on 27 committees carry out the functions of the Association and recommended policy.
The Executive Director and staff run the business of the association at the headquarters. They are always available to help members with any questions or problems:
364 Elwood Avenue
Hawthorne, NY 10532
FAX: (914) 747-1396