"Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office"
Kenneth E. Fleisher, DDS
Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Clinical Associate Professor, Dept. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
NYU College of Dentistry
NYU Langone Medical Center
Bellevue Hospital Center
This course is designed to improve your ability to plan for, prevent and manage medical emergencies that commonly occur in the dental office. It includes a discussion of specific medical conditions that may alter dental treatment and strategies to avoid complications. Case-based scenarios of medical emergency situations will be reviewed.
The participant will learn:
- The necessary equipment to manage medical emergencies in the dental office.
- Strategies to prevent medical emergencies.
- How to identify symptoms that may indicate an impending emergency.
- How to diagnose medical emergencies.
- How to manage common medical emergencies in the dental office.