“Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation with Defibrillator”
American Heart Association
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE NOTE:
The in-person portion of your CPR Course will be held at The Blythedale Children’s Hospital at 95 Bradhurst Avenue, Valhalla, NY 10595 (914-592-7555).
You MUST complete the online module, print out the certificate of completion, and BRING that with you to the in-person, skills assessment session. Upon successful completion, you will be provided access to download and print your 2-year certification e-card.
1. There is free parking right outside the building.
2. You will enter the lobby and then go to security and let them know you are here for CPR. You will be directed into the board room, which is right off the lobby, behind the security desk.
3. Skills Sessions will run approximately 45- 60 mins.
4. As of now, masks are optional. Blythedale is continually evaluating the COVID rates in Westchester County and if they continue to increase, masks may be required at any time during the winter months.
5. Please note, although you are entering the hospital you will not be going past the lobby so there is no concern of patient exposure on the units or within the hospital.
Synopsis: BLS for healthcare providers. Adult, child and infant CPR. Conscious and unconscious choking. Use of Automated External Defibrillator machine (AED). Use of breathing barrier devices. New York State requires all dentists to maintain CPR certification. This is a two-year certification. This course meets this requirement.